Matcha latte with Manuka honey - by DaisyBeets
Matcha green tea has a wide range of health benefits, from it’s high antioxidant content, to its slow and steady release of caffeine. Purchasing a matcha latte everyday can get expensive, though, and might contain unwanted sweeteners or additives.
1 teaspoon of matcha powder (ceremonial grade is best)
Manuka Health manuka honey MGO 573,
a small bowl,
a matcha whisk
1. Spoon 1/2 to 1 tsp of matcha into a small bowl.
2. Heat 6 oz of water to 175F. Don’t let the water come to a boil, because the heat can destroy the delicate flavor of matcha. Pour 2 oz of water into the small bowl with the matcha.
3. Whisk vigorously in a zig-zag pattern for about a minute, until frothy.
4. Transfer whisked matcha to your mug, then add remaining hot water. Stir in a teaspoon of manuka honey until melted.
5. Use a milk frother to heat and froth 4 oz milk. I like unsweetened almond milk or oat milk. Pour frothed milk over the matcha in your mug.
6. Sprinkle with cinnamon, stir, and enjoy!